For Business Partners
Fair Business Practices
Seeking to prevent patent infringement and the like from the product development perspective, Pigeon established an intellectual property-related department within its Central Laboratory. That department is in charge of matters pertaining to intellectual property globally. Meanwhile, in China, which faces numerous problems with counterfeited products, we established a Legal Affairs Department at Pigeon (Shanghai) Co., Ltd., which is working to increase respect for property rights, including intellectual property, in collaboration with intellectual property-related department of the Central Laboratory.
Pigeon rejects excessive political involvement. We try to build“win-win” relationships with our business partners on the basisof equality at all times. With respect to relationships withauthorities and other entities, as well, we do not behave inways that are not grounded in social common sense, includingprovision of entertainment and gifts that could be regarded as payoffs or facilitations. Our rules in this area are clearly stated in our Compliance Guidebook. Regarding fair trading and free competition, we make sure that our activities conform to competition laws, and we actively participate in surveys and the like conducted by relevant authorities as necessary. We also conduct extensive compliance training and other forms of employee education, in an effort to prevent collusion with authorities and involvement in anticompetitive behavior.
Pigeon has a diverse array of business partners handling its products, which include child care, elder care, and maternity items. In Japan, our partners include drugstores, specialty stores for babies, supermarkets, home centers, department stores, nursing homes, and hospitals. Overseas, our offerings, mainly childcare products, are sold via department stores, specialty stores for babies, pharmacies, and other stores. Also, in the Child Care Service Business, the Pigeon Group supports the various child-care support systems of corporations, municipalities and other organizations through the operation of in-company child-minding facilities and similar services.
The Pigeon Group believes that it must first win the understanding and support of its clients, who are important business partners, in order to fulfill its social responsibilities across the entire supply chain. Regarding transactions with antisocial forces, we have already received confirmation from all business partners that they do not engage in such transactions and are taking stringent measures to ensure against such transactions from occurring. In addition, we are working to resolve various other issues across the supply chain, including such social issues as human rights and labor, as well as global environmental problems. To ensure that business partners understand the importance of legal compliance, we hold briefings with our suppliers two or three times a year to convey our policies in this area.
Pigeon Partners Line (Counter for compliance reporting and consultations for our business partners)
We established Speak Up as a reporting/consulting system for employees who learn of any compliance violation in the Company and other Group companies. In order to expand a system similar to Speak Up to our business partners as well, we established Pigeon Partners Line (a counter for compliance reporting and consultations for our business partners) in 2008. Employees can use this line for compliance reporting and consultations if they suspect that actions deemed to infringe corporate ethics (compliance violations) are occurring in transactions made with the Company or other Group companies, or if such actions have bred their mistrust.
Pigeon Partners' Line
- Information received will be reviewed and investigated from a fair and equitable standpoint, and the results of the investigation reported to the reporting individual. To make this possible, please ensure that when using the Pigeon Partners’ Line you provide your name and contact details.
- Please refrain from reporting information that defames or denigrates an individual who is not connected with a compliance violation.
- Personal information concerning a reporting individual is disclosed to only the minimum number of persons who need to know in order to verify and investigate the reported information, and is not disclosed to any other persons. Also, unless the reporting individual’s consent is received, the reporting individual’s personal information shall be used only when making further inquiries of the reporting individual and providing a response to the reporting individual.
- The Company shall reply only to the reporting individual. However, this does not apply where it is evident that contact has been made on behalf of the reporting individual’s employer.
- The Company shall not disadvantage a reporting individual or the reporting individual's employer on the grounds of having provided information.
Please send an email or letter to the following addresses
Compliance Committee Office
Human Resources and General Affairs Division
Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-8480
Pigeon Partners' Line
C/O City-Yuwa Partners
Marunouchi Mitsui Building
2-2, Marunouchi 2-chome, Chiyoda-ku