The Pigeon Group gives full consideration to climate-change mitigation and biodiversity. To this end, we have specified the volume of our greenhouse-gas emissions, both direct and indirect, and we are working to reduce such emissions. In May 2019, our two production companies in China put solar panels into full-fledged use, followed by our production company in India in October 2019, in order to reduce CO2 emissions. We are also using photocatalytic paint and adopting LED lighting to save electricity.
PIGEON INDUSTRIES (CHANGZHOU) CO., LTD.
PIGEON MANUFACTURING (SHANGHAI) CO., LTD
PIGEON INDIA PVT. LTD.
Pigeon Group total CO2 Emission Intensity (Scope 1 & 2)
Emission Intensity (Scope 1 & 2)
* Co2 reduction target for 2022: 10% reduction of Co2 emission intensity of Scope 1 & 2 compared to 2018.
* Scope: Pigeon Group total (Scope 1 & 2)
* At some sales bases, CO2 emissions are calculated based on electricity usage as reflected in electricity charges, and
others are based on emission coefficients published by the Ministry of the Environment.
* Calculations for domestic operations for December 2019 are based on the 11-month period from February 1 to
* December 31, 2019 (due to a change in the fiscal year-end)
Our initiatives for Global Environmental Protection as Environmental Opportunities
Forests help prevent global warming by absorbing carbon dioxide and also help preserve biodiversity. In addition, they play a role in preventing floods and erosion while preserving high water quality, to the extent that they are referred to as “green dams.” Over the past 33 years, we have planted around 145,000 seedlings on 45.15 hectares of land (both national forest and private land) at the Pigeon Miwa no Mori site, a combination of national forest and Pigeon-owned land near Hitachi-Omiya, Ibaraki Prefecture. In the national-forest portion, covering 25.37 hectares, the “green dam” benefits equate to storage and purification of 5.94 million two-liter PET bottles. Through these forestry efforts, we are also contributing in a small way to educational activities related to global environmental protection.