Fair Business Practices
Seeking to protect its product development from patent infringement and similar violations, Pigeon has established an Intellectual Property department at the Head Office. This department is responsible for matters pertaining to intellectual property globally.
In China, which faces numerous problems with counterfeited products, we established a Legal Affairs Department at Pigeon (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. This department is working to increase respect for property rights, including intellectual property, in collaboration with the IP department at the Head Office.
Pigeon rejects excessive political involvement. We try to build “win-win” relationships with our business partners on the basis of equality at all times. In our relationships with authorities and other entities, we conduct ourselves according to good social common sense, avoiding the provision and acceptance of entertainment and gifts that could be regarded as payoffs or facilitations. Our rules in this area are clearly stated in our Compliance Guidebook. Regarding fair trading and free competition, we make sure that our activities conform to competition laws and we actively participate in surveys and the like conducted by relevant authorities as necessary. We also conduct extensive compliance training and other forms of employee education in an effort to prevent collusion with authorities and involvement in anticompetitive behavior.
Pigeon has a diverse array of business partners handling its products, which include child care, elder care, and maternity items. In Japan, our partners include drugstores, specialty stores for babies, supermarkets, home centers, department stores, nursing homes, and hospitals. Overseas, our offerings, mainly childcare products, are sold via department stores, specialty stores for babies, pharmacies, and other stores. Also, in the Child Care Service Business, the Pigeon Group supports the various child-care support systems of corporations, municipalities and other organizations through the operation of in-company child-minding facilities and similar services.
The Pigeon Group believes that it must first win the understanding and support of its clients, who are important business partners, in order to fulfill its social responsibilities across the entire supply chain. Regarding transactions with antisocial forces, we have already received confirmation from all business partners that they do not engage in such transactions and are taking stringent measures to ensure against such transactions from occurring. In addition, we are working to resolve various other issues across the supply chain, including such social issues as human rights and labor, as well as global environmental problems. To ensure that business partners understand the importance of legal compliance, we hold briefings with our suppliers two or three times a year to convey our policies in this area.
Pigeon Partners Line (Counter for compliance reporting and consultations for our business partners)
We have established Speak Up so that any Pigeon Group employee who suspects that a violation of corporate ethics, etc. (compliance violation) may occur or is occurring in the course of business activities can report the issue to a Speak Up office or seek consultation about the issue there. Pigeon personnel are advised about Speak Up and how to use it through compliance education.
In FY2019 the Pigeon Partners Line received zero reports of compliance violations.
About Pigeon Partners’ Line
- Information received will be reviewed and investigated from a fair and equitable standpoint, and the results of the investigation reported to the reporting individual. To make this possible, please ensure that when using the Pigeon Partners’ Line you provide your name and contact details.
- Please refrain from reporting information that defames or denigrates an individual who is not connected with a compliance violation.
- Personal information concerning a reporting individual is disclosed to only the minimum number of persons who need to know in order to verify and investigate the reported information, and is not disclosed to any other persons. Also, unless the reporting individual’s consent is received, the reporting individual’s personal information shall be used only when making further inquiries of the reporting individual and providing a response to the reporting individual.
- The Company shall reply only to the reporting individual. However, this does not apply where it is evident that contact has been made on behalf of the reporting individual’s employer.
- The Company shall not disadvantage a reporting individual or the reporting individual's employer on the grounds of having provided information.
Please send an email or letter to the following addresses
Risk Management Committee Office
4-4, Nihonbashi-Hisamatsucho Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-8480
Pigeon Partners' Line
C/O City-Yuwa Partners
Marunouchi Mitsui Building 2-2, Marunouchi 2-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0005